WRS Kurdistan are looking for Local Kurdish candidates to work as Waste Management and Air Quality Lead for an International Oil and Gas company in Kurdistan.
Contract Type: Permanent
Working Schedule: 5 Days/ Week
Location: Erbil – Office based with frequent site visits.
Lead the implementation of the Waste Management Strategy (WMS) and Air Quality Management System for Kurdistan to ensure compliance with company standards and country expectations.
Lead Pit Remediation Activities and oversee the process in cooperation with environmental technicians at field and the Infrastructure Department to ensure compliance with Company standards and guidelines. Support Spill response and recovery activities as technical authority.
Support development and training of local Environmental Technicians. Support Environmental Reporting Data in cooperation with environmental technicians at field. Work closely with line and functional personnel to ensure that environmental controls are implemented from Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA’s) and other environmental studies.
Lead Kurdistan BU initiatives to develop Waste Management Practices. Assist in preparation study of Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA). Develop and lead internal audit to ensure compliance with Company strategy and Waste Management and Monitoring Plans.
Waste Management – Lead the implementations of waste management plan across the organization including waste gathering, separation, transport, and disposal according to company’s Standard and national legislation. Liaise with Suppliers and waste producers to establish waste reduction, disposal, or recycling options within local business community.
Air Quality Monitoring: Lead monitoring of environmental key aspects including air management.
Waste Pits – Ensure waste pits are managed as per Company Strategy in cooperation with Field Environmental Technicians, ensure fully documented procedures are in place.
Risk understanding and controls – works closely with the field supervisors to continually understand risks associated with environment in field and agrees techniques to control emerging risks and issues with environmental management strategy
Inspections – Conducts inspection, according to agreed check sheets, of environmental controls in field including waste, air and water management.
Reporting and investigation of environmental incidents – ensures accurate reporting in Company HSE reporting system of environmental incidents and lead investigations to arrive at root causes and learnings.
Contractor engagement – engages with contractors to ensure environmental controls are adhered to and assist contractors to rectify problems on site or with assistance from other line of functional persons when needed.
QA/QC Reports – Conduct and lead the QA/QC process of environmental data gathering and reporting.
Safety champion – all employees and contractors in the company are safety champions and are expected to walk sites and to assist in reporting and rectifying safety risks and recognizing positive behaviors. The role holder will be expected to be an active participant in the BU SAFE card program.
Compliance and ethics – Uphold all company’s values set out in the Code of Conduct and acts with integrity in all activities.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- An internationally recognized degree or diploma is required in a science or engineering subject.
- ISO14001 auditor.
- Demonstrable IT skills.
- Fluent in Kurdish and English. Arabic is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience in environment, waste management in onshore oil and gas industry, incluEUBUding practical implementation of waste systems.
- Practical experience of pit remediation.
- Leading implementation of environmental practices.
- Iraq/ Kurdistan relevant experience.
- Preferred experience with IOCs in Kurdistan.
Desirable Experience/ Qualifications:
- IEMA/ CIWM Full Membership
Key Technical Competencies Required:
- Good working knowledge of Kurdistan and Iraqi environmental and waste legislation.
- Implementation of waste plans following with the requirements of internationally accepted standards i.e. IPECA, IOGP, IFC.
- Good working knowledge of Environmental Impact Assessment processes and compliance activities.
- Understanding of ecosystem services.
- Understands international Practices in Environmental Management.
- Environmental reporting in line with IOGP.