Main Purpose of Job:
Watchmen are responsible for the external/internal security/safety of the office premises during working hours, also is responsible for the control and greeting of visitor at the entrance of the office premises during working hours and to observe its surrounding areas (streets, neighboring area/houses) by applying the security measures laid down in the following instructions and will be assisting HASS for following up with the movement tracking, security tracking messages of the teams to the fields plus the watchmen services.
Objective 1 : Visitors Entry Control:
- To keep watch on the surrounding areas outside the boundary of the office premises for suspected suspicious elements roaming in the main street.
- Interview visitors (ask who they are looking for, what it is about etc.). While the visitor is outside, seek the authorization from the indicated team member.
- Ensures the safety of the premises before opening the gate.
- Register, issue security passes and give directions for authorized visitors
- Check/observe visitors and their luggage to prevent passage of prohibited/concealed drugs, weapons and explosives into HI compound.
- Accompany the guest to the office location where the concerned official of the HI is located within the office premises.
Objective 2: Premises Control:
- Patrol HI compound, checking for signs of unauthorized entry.
- To keep watch of the security camera screen for security problem.
- Keep the gate closed when there is no car movement or team members around.
- Maintain record of Issue of Gate Pass for outgoing stores materials and vehicles movements
- Ensure that no one leaves the base with unauthorized HI goods
- Ensuring all compound items are kept on its original and safe place, doors, gates and windows are closed after working hours, weekends and holidays.
- Responsible for the safety of goods and people from the area under his charge. Prevents any persons or vehicles outside of HI enter the area under its responsibility prior approval of his superiors.
Objective 3: Communication and reporting.
- Provide daily reports by recording observations, information, occurrences, and surveillance activities. Such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
- Report immediately any security incidents or problems orally and in writing, to HASS, or in his/her absence to HASM as soon as possible.
- Keep abreast of the security situation in the operational areas, governorate and the surrounding areas and transmits this information to his supervisor.
- Check the security camera and report the problem to their line manager and in the book following.
- Report any improvement that can be made for the security: fence, buildings, etc.
- Provide daily reports about the tracking messages from the staff and follow up it with HASS.
- Ensure phone tracking when necessary (in link with HASS).
Objective 4: Miscellaneous/Other duties
- Ensure that the guard office is always clean.
- The guard will participate in the loading and unloading of vehicles when necessary.
- Ensuring all compound items are kept on its original and safe place.
- Contribute to the treatment of waste;
- Participate in the upkeep of the base (sweeping, collecting leaves, etc.).
- Turning on and off the generator.
- Carry out any other duty that will be assigned by your supervisor or as need arises.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following planning.
Note that working time can go up to 40 hours per week (according to the Iraqi labor law) if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager.
- Minimum completion of High School
- Good communication skills.
- Good presentation and interacting skills
- Ability to act with urgency in an emergency situation
- Excellent knowledge of public safety and security procedures/protocols
- Initiative: availability / learning capacity.
- Team work
- Motivation and willingness to learn
- Organized and capable of prioritize
- Integrity and professionalism
- Capable of coordinating and working with a multicultural team
- Knowledge and good English is a requirement to read and send messages.
Fluent in local Arabic/Kurdish language is a requirement.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
- Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
- Internal regulation (IR)
- Child protection policy (CPP)
- Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH)
- Antifraud and bribery
- Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their CV with cover letter so as to reach on or before 18th Sep 2022 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ –KRK-WATCH-662 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted CVs that are sent as photo, screen shot or by link will not be considered.
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ –KRK-WATCH-662