This position will report directly to the IT Director.
AUIB is looking for an experienced, analytical, results-driven web developer to join IT team. Back-end developers will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current web applications and processes. The web Developer will use his understanding of programming languages and tools to analyze current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users. He should have excellent communication, computer, and project management skills.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborating with the other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, and cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices.
- Works with team members to understand business needs.
- Develops technical solutions based on the business requirements and functional specifications provided by analysts, architecture, and stakeholders.
- Determines technical requirements impact on existing architecture, work processes, systems, and ongoing support.
- Ensures performance meets the present and future needs of the business.
- Documents new or modified infrastructure solutions, and test activities/results.
- Ensures all documentation is delivered according to specified guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or another relevant field. Or specialized training, certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- Arabic and English fluency.
- Typically requires 3+ years of related technology work experience.
- Strong understanding of the web development cycle and programming techniques and tools.
- Knowledge of Front end is desired.
- Excellent project and time management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Effective team player.
Applications should include:
- Cover Letter.
- Updated Curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of Passport Data information page.
- References (contact details) for up to three individuals who are familiar with your work.
- Copies of all formal academic degrees and certificates.
- Copies of your Transcripts.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]
If an applicant has any relatives working at AUIB this must be disclosed in writing in the cover letter.
If you have not heard back from us after 3 weeks, it means that your application was not successful.
- Address Airport Road - American University of Iraq Baghdad USD Month
- How to apply Please apply through AUIB website OR send your application and supporting documents to the following email address: [email protected]