Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months renewable
Rotation: 28/28 Role synopsis
The Wells team is accountable for delivering this activity and also managing well integrity of the +1,200 existing wells in the field. The Well Engineering Manager will be accountable for – rig audit, QA/QC, integrated planning, OCTG, wellhead & completions equipment specification and Iraqi national training. The WEM is a key integrating position in the organization, working closely with colleagues in Subsurface, Projects, HSE and Production Operations, rig and service providers and the delivery teams in the Wells organization.
- Custodian of Wells Standards & Practices. Accountable for update, refresh and assurance of organizational adherence.
- Delivery of a rig and service units audit program to ensures that equipment used by contractors conforms to contractual and industry standards
- Effective integration with other functions to ensure that the overall field development plan is being adequately planned and resourced for by Wells & Procurement. Wells SPoC for development planning refreshes.
- Delivery of QA/QC methods and practices.
- Specification of OCTG, wellhead/tree, & completions equipment used, ensuring fit-for-purpose design.
- Manages overall risk management process for the Wells team including self-verification & barrier health assessment tools
- Leads major HSE & NPT incident reporting and investigations
- Coaching and development of Iraqi and foreign nationals.
- Co-ordination with Learning team to ensure the provision of Wells training for Iraqi nationals – both regulatory and development
- Rota-based Incident Commander on the IMT team
Criteria and Qualifications
- Possesses international experience in the oil & gas industry
- Educated to Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree level, or equivalent
- Experience of managing and motivating teams of multi-cultural personnel in a fast-paced operational environment
- Track record of proactive occupational safety and process safety leadership
- Business acumen, encompassing an understanding of budgetary management and financial decision making
- Effective and proficient communicator, both verbal (English language) and written
- Ability to make wise decisions and initiate actions
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, team members & key external parties (contractor leadership and JV partners)
- Maintains a high standard of business integrity, professional behaviour and confidentiality
- Experience in PowerBI and Sharepoint
- Experience working in a Joint Venture environment and in a remote location.
- Experience in tendering & contracting
- Experience working on land operations, and in the Middle East would be considered beneficial.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.