DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
The role summary is as follows:
- Demonstration of HSE leadership at all times and to all members of the well services team.
- Provides day to day wellsite management during well test operations to deliver the safe execution and delivery of well test objectives in accordance with policy, procedures and HSE.
- To ensure each job operates with a competent crew and reliable equipment.
- To identify hazards, risks for each individual job.
- He/she will work closely with the project’s various stakeholders and with the contractors and service companies, to ensure the safe and successful implementation of all well test operations.
- Supervise site-based activities ensuring safe operations during all operations.
- Promote behavioural safety culture and safety reporting systems at the Well Test Sites.
- Maintain equipment standards to match our client’s own Well Testing standards and relevant industry standards.
- Develop outline testing programmes to collect data required by subsurface team.
- Develop equipment design and layout plans with Well Testing Service Contractor.
- Organise HAZID, HAZOP and Test Well on Paper Reviews and document findings.
- Prepared SOPs, identify risks, implement lessons learned.
- Finalise Well Testing and Clean Up Programmes.
- Confirm relevant integration with planned well intervention programmes.
- Supervise Well Test Equipment preparation and mobilisation with Service Contractor ensuring appropriate certification records.
- Manage equipment and personnel mobilisation activities.
- Coordinate delivery of timely and accurate operations and data reporting for all site based activities.
- QA/QC data acquired during operations and validate information.
- Promote detailed and accurate sequence of event reporting and coordinate transmission back to Erbil based office.
- Develop lessons capture system appropriate for operations and utilise captured lessons to help drive continuous improvement.
- Promote and conduct operations review meetings to assess operations performance and help deliver future improvements.
- Collate and finalise final well reports for clean up and testing activities integrating with stimulation reports where appropriate.
- Provide first pass PTA interpretation and additional support where appropriate.
- Monitoring and reporting on the performance of all wellsite well engineering and well services personnel.
- Developing team building across the entire team in order to create and promote a culture of openness, involvement and participation. The incumbent will be responsible for coaching/training local staff in equivalent positions.
- Plan preventative maintenance procedure and schedule, and any repair of surface test equipment.
- Track all liquid, PVT and BHS sampling and verify quality.
- Track inventory and required spare parts from suppliers.
- Report and document all incidents, accidents/near misses and unsafe working environments.
- Recommend changes in test methods or equipment, and document suggestions on daily report.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant well intervention operations and supervision experience, with an emphasis on land-based operations.
- Knowledge and experience in well interventions and testing, including horizontal wells, and with excellent knowledge and awareness of associated HSE issues.
- Knowledge and experience in critical and sour well operations.
- Appropriate well control Certification (IWCF or equivalent).
- Sound decision making skills.
- Strong technical, operations organisational and planning ability.
- Previous experience working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness and ability to coach more junior staff whose native language is not English.
- Self-motivated, with strong communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent leadership and mentoring skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Computer skills, MS Office.
- Ability to remain focused and decisive under pressure.
The role reports to Well Services Superintendent and is based in Kurdistan field /site. The duration of the role is 6 months and the work schedule will be flexible which will be confirmed at the start of the contract.
- Address Kurdistan