The Wells HSE Team Lead role:
- is embedded in the Drilling and Well Services Department to act as the lead on HSE issues and providing technical support, risk-based advice & guidance to all drilling operations and well services activities.
- will provide coaching and mentoring to all Drilling and Wels Services HSE personnel, contractor HSE personnel and rig leadership as appropriate.
- reports to the BU HSE Manager & Head of Drilling and is the focal point for all drilling and well services activities in the field and is responsible for the field based HSE personnel supporting drilling & well services
- is a key member of the BU HSE & Drilling Leadership Teams and is responsible for leading a team of experienced expat advisers and local national technicians to support drilling and well services HSE across all oilfield operations in Iraq.
- Leading the Wells HSE team to support all areas of Drilling & Well Services operations including drilling, workover, wells services and civils construction activities as necessary.
- Acting as the subject matter expert in all aspects of drilling & well services operations for health, safety and environment, with support from the wider BU HSE Team, including developing and improving management systems, procedures etc. as well as problem solving for operational issues.
- Proactively delivering risk management support to drilling & well services operations in a pragmatic, timely and fit for purpose manner which meets the needs of a demanding, challenging and highly dynamic operational environment.
- Developing local national capability within the core HSE team through influencing, coaching, mentoring and building strong relationships based on DNO values.
- Leading the development of the HSE self-verification system and assurance activities for drilling and well services operations.
- Leading the development and delivery of the Drilling and Well Services HSE Plan in line with the BU HSE annual HSE plan.
- Leads Contractor HSSE MS evaluations and preparation and implementation of Bridging Documents or similar.
- Providing technical expertise for ensuring quality incident investigation within drilling & well services operations and providing independent support for significant incident investigations within other operating functions, if required.
- Growing process safety awareness within the Drilling & Well Services team.
- Being accountable for managing all required HSE reporting from drilling and well services operations and communicating as necessary.
- Carrying out HSE trend and performance analysis from the SAFE cards and third party stop card systems and determining corrective measures such as, safety campaigns to mitigate unsafe or problematic trends.
- Managing drilling and well services HSE Team welfare such as assigned work locations, rotations, travel, and administration as well as assisting in the recruitment and assessment of potential and new staff hire.
- Having the flexibility to manage workload and diary to allow for field visits to ensure high levels of HSE visibility across all drilling & well services locations in the field.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years working in HSE within the Oil & Gas Industry
- Proven experience of employment in similar leadership positions in drilling and well services
- NEBOSH Diploma (or equivalent certification)
- Sound understanding of drilling operations and associated wells operations work tasks.
- A solid working knowledge of HSE standards and O&G Industry best practice.
- Proven experience with HSE risk management. Specifically, the assessment of risk, risk mitigation through control arrangements, generating, maintaining, and implementing risk registers and ensuring a risk review process is in place.
- The ability to coach local national HSE team members to educate and improve as part of personal self-development goals and succession planning.
- Knowledgeable and comfortable to deliver HSE training and coaching to expatriate and national staff.
- Being respectful and approachable to all nationalities and mindful of different cultures.
- Professional, confident, smart in appearance and has good interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience with working and reporting to peers and upper management.
- A genuine HSE professional who leads by example and cares about improving safety culture and standards within DNO.
- Confident in their ability to perform and deliver a solid performance while representing DNO.
- Robust and flexible in terms of working in the Middle East and conducting field visits in remote locations.
- Trustworthy, punctual, and respectful. Helpful to others and a team player who would fit in as part of the DNO leadership team.
- Address Erbil and Kurdistan field locations USD Month