In direct support of the Business Coordinator, the Women’s Group Assistant will work in partnership with another Women’s Group Empowerment Assistant to effectively run value added groups for women in the Sinjar region. The Assistant will work with the business team to conduct assessments, determine beneficiary selection, coordinate trainings, support in procurement, and conduct home visits with beneficiaries as needed. The Women’s Group Assistant will ensure smooth running of relevant programmatic activities and support in M&E and reports as tasked. The Assistant will perform all other tasks and responsibilities as assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
- Oversee the smooth, timely, and quality implementation of assigned activities both independently and in close coordination with the Business Coordinator.
- Facilitate and train groups of women in value added trainings, and in coordination with an external training company.
- Collaborate well with the Business Coordinator and the Women’s Group Empowerment Assistant.
- Troubleshooting challenges within assigned activities and presenting proposed solutions to the Business Coordinator.
- Supporting in the design and implementation of beneficiary training initiatives.
- Support the Business Coordinator in creating and carrying out programmatic plans for implementation, beneficiary selection, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E).
- Support in the drafting of standard operating procedures, beneficiary agreements and contracts, curricula, and other relevant programmatic documents.
- Schedule trainings with external facilitators and communicate dates and expectations to beneficiaries.
- Assist the Business Coordinator with business cash grants, by supporting in beneficiary selection, cash grant distribution, and follow-up.
- Follow SP, humanitarian, and programmatic standards of quality and excellence.
- Assist the Business Coordinator in compiling and drafting reports, financial documentation, beneficiary documentation, and other business related programmatic documents.
- Coordinate with the various departments (IT, HR, Finance, Logistics etc.) as requested to ensure the smooth implementation of assigned duties.
- Provide the Business Coordinator with regular updates on assigned business activities.
- Complete other activities as directed by the Business Coordinator.
Complete other activities as directed by the Line Manager and performing all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse with a generous and serving spirit.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be willing to abide by Samaritan’s Purse’s code of conduct and understand the principals of Samaritan’s Purse’s statement of faith, as well as be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail, anticipation and follow up are core values of the job function while maintaining the highest levels of confidentiality regarding contracts and salaries.
- Possesses strong organizational and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment.
- Must be a self-started and internally driven to success and hard work.
- Possesses strong cross-cultural communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership and group management skills.
- Must be a humble team player.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable, taking on additional responsibilities as needed.
- Knowledge of computer systems and its applications such as Outlook, Word, and Excel including formulas/formatting.
- He/she must have analytical and report writing skills.
- High level of integrity and stewardship.
- Committed to SP values and ethics.
- Above average mathematical skills.
Education / Experience Needed
- Experience designing and leading training for youth and adults.
- Preferred experience working with NGO.
- At least two years of relevant work experience.
Kurmanji Kurdish, and Arabic required, English strongly preferred.
- Address Sinjar, Snuni