Role: Workover Manager
Location: Basra, Iraq
Duration: 12 months renewable
Reporting to the Senior Wells Manager, acts as a senior Wells interface with other departments, JV partners, rig contractors and suppliers regarding rig workover matters. Delivers safe, reliable, and competitive rig workover activity.
• Delivers workover operations in conformance with policy, practices, and international standards
• Delivers workover performance to approved time and cost
• Engages with subsurface leadership to progress the hopper options for workover activity. Ensures all stakeholders are aligned during the progress of multi-disciplinary planning work
• Acts as the Contractor Accountable Manager for key workover suppliers and manages interventions to contractor performance deficits
• Owns the time and cost estimates for workover activity budgeting and manages the budget/forecast updates.
• Ensures that the requirements for contracting of workover and support services align with business delivery needs.
• Delivers HSE performance at workover locations utilizing both and Contractor safety mgmt. systems as appropriate
• Manages the major accident risk management processes for workover operations, including Self-Verification and Contractor oversight, risk assessment/management, & barrier health verification
• Provides operational and engineering input to workover programme development
• Leads major HSE & NPT incident reporting and investigations
• Verifies emergency response readiness for workover activities
• Ensures materials management for workover projects is aligned to the activity plan
• Coaching and development of Iraqi Staff and foreign nationals. Develops training programs and ensures delivery
• Develops workover practices and tools to continuously improve business and safety performance.
• Rota-based Incident Commander on the IMT team
Criteria & Qualifications
• Possesses international experience in the oil & gas industry, with a successful track record as an operational leader (e.g., manager, superintendent) in an Operating Company
• Educated to Bachelor of Science (Engineering) degree level, or equivalent
• Experience of managing cross-discipline (operations, engineering) rig operations support teams
• Prior experience specific to workover operations, completion engineering and well servicing activities would be beneficial
• Experience of managing +$100m contracts, sourcing of materials and services in a fast-paced operational environment
• Prior experience of tender technical evaluations beneficial
• Business acumen, encompassing an understanding of budgetary management and financial decision making
• Effective and proficient communicator, both verbal (English language) and written
• Ability to make wise decisions and initiate actions
• Ability to build effective relationships with peers, team members & key external parties (contractor leadership and JV partners)
• Track history of building and motivating teams in a multi-cultural environment
• Maintains a high standard of business integrity, professional behaviour and confidentiality.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.