Reports to: WorkWell Iraq Country Program Manager, WorkWell Program Director
Hours: Full-time (From 8:30 AM To 6:00 PM including one hour lunch break, Sunday to Thursday)
Location: Erbil, Iraq
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict-affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
The Impact: As the WorkWell Erbil Program Manager, you will lead your team to build the largest, most reliable Tech Workforce in Iraq. As the WorkWell Erbil Program Manager, you will report dually to the WorkWell Iraq Program Manager and the WorkWell Program Director. As a critical member of WorkWell Leadership, you will drive the Iraq operations strategy for the program and oversee the planning, implementation, fundraising, and impact analysis. You will provide strategic decision support and commercial and business partnership. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving the WorkWell Program in Iraq to financial sustainability through innovation and monetization of services. As a member of the WorkWell Leadership team, you will have the opportunity to influence the overall impact and fundraising strategy and direction, and you will be responsible for ensuring that your Tech Hub’s finances, operations, and impact is in alignment with the overall strategic roadmap for the WorkWell program. This role is a key thought-partner to both WorkWell Iraq Program Manager and WorkWell Program Director, helping to maximize performance and the achievement of WorkWell objectives and key results in Iraq.
What’s in it for you: You will be the operations leader and strategist for leading a diverse team of Job Creation Program Officers in your Tech Hub in Iraq. You will lead the WorkWell workforce development program in Iraq through financial decisions and implementation of its growth strategy. This includes monetization for the financial sustainability of the program and the processing of grant funding from a portfolio of donors. You will become involved in various integration activities to ensure your Tech Hub remains a transformational impact pillar in Preemptive Love’s Jobs’ programming. You will cultivate a high-performance culture of client-centrism while fostering disciplined execution and a metrics-driven approach to support growth. You will stay at the forefront of the hiring markets in Iraq and increase your employability and career trajectory.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Leading the WorkWell Erbil operations, team, and activities in accordance with the mission and goals of the organization.
- Responsible for the quality planning, implementation, delivery, and execution of the WorkWell Workforce Development Program in Iraq in your city.
- Supervise all program activities in your city and lead the team to follow the strategic direction of the organization.
- Planning the overall program and monitoring the progress.
- Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of Preemptive Love.
- Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of program processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- Ensuring goals are met in areas including worker satisfaction, retention, safety, quality, and team member performance.
- Producing accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle.
- Analyzing program risks and opportunities. Managing risks and issues and taking corrective measurements.
Personal Performance Accountability:
- Approving the program’s progress against the organizational strategy and objectives.
- Employs resourcefulness in project design, implementation, and monitoring.
- Demonstrating “visible” support to the program and its management team.
- Troubleshoots program problems. Identifies and implements creative solutions.
- Undertake any other duties, appropriate to the post, which may from time to time be required.
Managerial Oversight and Leadership:
- Organizing an agile and successful program team in Iraq leaving a high impact on the communities that Preemptive Love serves.
- Developing your program team to support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Developing your program team to support the organization’s strategic direction.
- Setting a clear and compelling vision for your team in line with the strategic objectives of the organization.
- Daily program management and direction throughout the program life cycle.
- Delegating tasks to your team to have the bandwidth to manage deadlines and key deliverables.
- “Leading by example” the transformational change brought about by the program.
- Responsible for submitting accurate activity reports, meeting minutes, and financial reports on a regular basis to Preemptive Love and our donors.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of program activities and deliverables in your city. Overseeing the implementation of project activities and impact reporting for those activities.
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities.
- Coaching and developing existing team members to bolster the potential of our team.
- Conducting timely and effective performance evaluations followed by one-to-one coaching and meetings with team members.
- Monitoring performance and initiating action to strengthen results.
- Lead and motivate the project team and monitor project activities and project expenditures.
- WorkWell Erbil Program Manager is integrated with the workers and staff, understanding the benefits and challenges of the program.
Provision for a Safe Workplace:
- Resolving cross-program issues and strategic issues with senior stakeholders.
- Taking the lead in problem resolution and decision-making to boost impact in the communities that Preemptive Love serves.
- Oversee and maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations, and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
- Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through the management and team meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, Slack & Voxer IM (Instant Messaging), and regular interpersonal communication.
- Implementing and managing changes and interventions to ensure project goals are achieved.
Handling Financial Obligations:
- Managing the program’s budget.
- Managing the program’s resources, financial and human resources.
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program. In charge of developing budgets and operating plans for your Tech Hub in Iraq.
- Responsible for overseeing the development and execution of program deliverables, lead project planning, budgeting, action plans, and monitoring processes.
- Make program decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
General Professional Conduct and Representation:
- Defining the program governance (controls), procedures, and operations.
- Support the preparation and submission of annual activity-based project budgets as well as monthly and quarterly financial reports and sending of new funding requests.
- Creating and managing long-term goals.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Meeting with stakeholders to make communication easy and transparent regarding project issues and decisions on services.
- Working on strategy with the marketing team.
- Overseeing all program activities and being the main contact point for the donor and the field staff.
- Ensure program activities comply with the policies and regulations of the donor organization.
- Representing the organization and program nationally in a wide range of networking events.
- Developing meaningful relationships and partnerships in Iraq that serve the strategic objectives of the program and organization.
- Ensures close collaboration and coordination with cooperating partners to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results as specified in grant agreements.
- Developing new programs and partnerships to support the strategic direction of the organization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Understanding of Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET)/Education for Employment/ Entrepreneurship education preferred.
- Advanced computer knowledge & knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
- Dependable interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to details and strong understanding of agreements.
- Ability to make decisions in a result-oriented manner.
- Ability to plan and goal-setting for future periods.
- Ability to show up in difficult conversations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop staff members.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the organization’s management team that provides leadership and direction.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-discipline and initiative.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The drive and the ability to work in high-pressure environments.
- Familiarity and broad experience with information technologies.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
Required education and experience:
- University Degree with a focus on Technology or Business Administration.
- 3-5 years of previous coaching, training, and managerial experience.
- Proven team leadership experience with at least 3 years of experience.
- Proven experience in managing a budget.
Language requirements: Outstanding level of written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
Physical demands: Prolonged periods of sitting
Travel: Ability to travel to other WorkWell Iraq Locations 30% of the time.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Preferred program reporting/communication tools and software knowledge
- Forms App
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by a direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.