About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict-affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Essential Function: The WorkWell program is Preemptive Love’s job creation pathway. WorkWell’s mission is to create jobs to end the war. We are looking for a results-driven Program Assistant to be responsible for assisting the WorkWell program needs. The Program Assistant is responsible for scheduling meetings and events, organizing logistics, and taking care of the day-to-day administrative needs of the program. In addition, the program assistant will be creating, documenting, filing, and organizing program documents. Respectively, the program assistant will provide progress updates of ongoing tasks to ensure operational excellence and will generate signal update reports to be submitted to the supervisor. The program assistant will be asked to assist Location Program Managers in arranging and organizing visits and training at their tech hubs and will be working directly with the program leader of the WorkWell Program.
- Preparing documentation for grants.
- Managing online resources and program files.
- Managing the Program Manager’s calendar.
- Processing payments for vendors and suppliers.
- Attending staff meetings, taking notes, and following up on related tasks.
- Responding to emails and answering calls in a timely manner.
- Organize travel logistics for all WorkWell staff
- Support logistics for in-country staff visits.
- Manage and update the program’s monthly and weekly update reports.
- Provide administrative support by scheduling, drafting agendas and providing meeting notes, and following up on action items.
- Collaboratively maintain the WorkWell budgets:
- Support with tracking expenses:
- Filing receipts within 5 days of expense
- Coordinate and submit the monthly expense report for all WorkWell team
- Purchasing program/office items as needed
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following up on any emergencies with appropriate in-house staff
- Administrative support with Program Teams workload where needed
- Acknowledges receipt of correspondence and documentation in the absence of Program Leader or Program staff, and drafts preliminary versions of correspondence to be reviewed and signed by the Program Leader or relevant Program staff;
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including PowerPoint presentations and Slides.
- Maintains the efficient filing system for the program and team
- Assists with processing calls for proposals as required, and maintains a tracking system of responses to proposals.
- Maintains and updates the team’s databases and mailing lists using the Google Suite including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and others.
- Maintains office calendars and communicates reminders of impending appointments, including compiling and sending bulk mailings and relaying internal emails to staff.
- Preparing correspondences, letters, and reports as required from time to time.
- Coordinates the translation, proofreading, and editing of documents as required.
- Organizes regular team meetings and conference calls/video conferences, across different time zones, including the preparation and distribution of documents and providing the necessary technical devices. Manages meeting recordings accordingly, as requested by the supervisor.
- Assists in the training process of new staff, interns, participants, and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials specific to WorkWell.
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of events.
- Assisting with tracking expenses for special and routine events.
- Making reservations for various off-site business meetings.
- Acting as a liaison between different departments.
- Reserving equipment and conference rooms for presentations and in-office meetings.
- Additional duties as requested or assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Effective and active listening skills, seeking to understand and being solution driven
- Strong Organizational and Time Management Skills, ability to multitask various assignments and priorities.
- Research skills for identifying and reporting information.
- Professional writing skills for internal and external communications.
- Collaborative and creative thinking abilities and be solution-driven.
- Growth mindset and Resourcefulness, ability to accomplish goals with a limited budget and resources.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity are a must.
- A self-starter, with a strong initiative with minimal supervision.
- Uphold confidentiality, given the sensitive nature of the communities PLC serves.
Required education and experience:
- An Associate degree minimum, and/or a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in business administration is preferred.
- Entry-level position with relevant or transferable experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar field is preferred but not required.
- Outstanding level of written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
- Computer knowledge & familiarity with cutting-edge technologies. Experience working with Google applications.
Language requirements: English and Arabic/ Kurdish Fluency
Physical demands: Prolonged periods of sitting
Travel: Ability to travel to other WorkWell Iraq Locations %30 of the time
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Preferred program reporting/communication tools and software knowledge
- Forms App
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by a direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.