WorkWell Program Officer & Coach (Erbil, Iraq)
Job Coach and Business Development Officer
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Job Title: WorkWell Program Officer & Coach
Hours: Full-time (From 8:30 AM To 6:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday)
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Reports to: Erbil Program Manager, Erbil Training & Coaching Lead
Contract Start/End dates: September 1, 2021, to December 31, 2021
(With the possibility to start a New contract from January 1st, 2022, to December 31st 2022)
About the Role
The Impact: As a WorkWell Program Officer and Coach, you will help build the largest, most reliable Tech Workforce in Iraq. You will report dually to the WorkWell Program Manager in your city and the Training & Coaching Lead at your location. As a critical member of WorkWell Program Operations, you will implement the Workforce Development Program in Iraq and digitally in the Middle East. You will provide individualized career coaching and professional skills training to hundreds of WorkWell program participants every year. Additionally, you will be responsible for effective outreach to new program participants, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL), and success story reporting to demonstrate your impact and fundraise for the program. You will also assist in driving the WorkWell Program in Iraq to financial sustainability through innovation and monetization of services.
As a member of the WorkWell Operations Team, you will influence the overall quality and delivery of the program, and you will be responsible for ensuring that your Tech Hub’s operations are in alignment with the overall strategic roadmap for the WorkWell program in Iraq. This role is a key thought-partner to both WorkWell (Location) Program Manager, and the Training & Coaching Lead, helping to maximize your Tech Hub’s performance to effectively serve vulnerable populations and achieve WorkWell objectives and key results in Iraq.
What’s in it for you: You will work in a fast-paced environment in one of Iraq’s leading Workforce Development Programs. You will be a part of a diverse, multi-cultural team of Job Creation Program Officers. You will have the opportunity to personally serve and impact hundreds of vulnerable youth in your country, serving as a role model and mentor in their professional development. You will use, deploy and teach cutting-edge technology and be at the forefront of the development industry impacting hundreds of war survivors and job-seekers in your city to attain the career of their dreams. You will get to liaise with multiple, diverse stakeholders including NGO partners, the private sector, and the public sector. You will participate in a high-performance culture of client-centrism while fostering disciplined execution and a metrics-driven approach to support growth. You will stay at the forefront of the hiring markets in Iraq and increase your employability and career trajectory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build strong relationships with project partners and program participants, providing technical assistance, career coaching, listening, and empathy throughout the implementation.
- Coach your program participants in essential skills training for quality employment in the local and international labor markets.
- Develop quality coaching materials and daily training sessions for your participants. Prepare detailed and relevant session plans and interactive daily sessions using the latest tools and techniques in the Tech field.
- Evaluate your program participants individually and submit detailed, accurate reporting on a daily basis.
- Lead existing partnerships and grow the organization’s network of strategic partners.
- Assure grant requirements to safeguard program implementation is carried out with integrity, accuracy, and excellence.
- Process and review progress and final project reports, providing feedback to project leaders in support of their participatory development practices while critically assessing every project for growth and sustainability. (Contribute to accurate reporting)
- Safeguard data quality control for the organization’s online project management database (Salesforce) and systems.
- Implement and build on the organization’s monitoring and evaluation strategy and framework.
- Collect and analyze international project data and prepare for use in promotional materials, publications, events, and other reports.
- Create content development for WorkWells website, annual reports, social media, events, email newsletters, and other materials.
- Keep a finger on the pulse of relevant literature, articles, events, conferences, and trending news related to WorkWell’s scope of work, and industry space.
- Proactively interface with WorkWell teams across Iraq to ensure strong internal coordination on Iraq programming.
- Work in collaboration with other team members to promote collaborative ways of working, teamwork, and positive interaction with diverse staffing and stakeholder groups.
- Lead and support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed.Carry out prospecting, which is the process of finding new clients. This will be a substantial part of your work, as WorkWell transitions to a social enterprise model of operation.
- Generate new business and build relationships with prospective clients.
- Invest your time wisely, into creating services, products and schemes that generate revenue, and deliver a needed service in our community.
- Highlight gaps in service delivery of our competitors, and use this to fuel our own creation of monetized products and services.
- Carry out unbiased market research and develop your team’s capacity to assess the size of the market we wish to penetrate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree or similar certification with a focus on Technology or Language Instruction.
- Outstanding level of written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
- Previous coaching or training experience.
- Understanding of Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET)/Education for Employment/ Entrepreneurship education preferred.
- Ability to work as a cooperative team member.
- Advanced computer knowledge & knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
- Growth mindset with continued learning ability.
- Dependable interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Self-discipline and initiative.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The drive and the ability to work in high-pressure environments and manage time effectively.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent familiarity with emerging technologies and emerging markets.
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and private sector requirements.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.