WorkWell Recruitment & Eligibility Officer (Erbil, Iraq)
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Job Title: WorkWell Recruitment & Eligibility Officer
Hours: Full-time (From 8:30 AM To 6:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday)
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Reports to: Erbil Program Manager, Erbil Training & Coaching Lead
Contract Start/End dates: September 1st, 2021, to December 31st 2021
(With the possibility to start a New contract from January 1st, 2022, to December 31st 2022)
About the Role
The Impact: As a WorkWell Recruitment & Eligibility Officer, you will report dually to the WorkWell Program Manager and the Training & Coaching Lead at your location. As a critical member of the WorkWell Program Recruitment, Registration & Outreach Team, you will recruit quality, eligible participants into the WorkWell program. You will interview hundreds of applicants, process their application documentation, enter data with speed and accuracy, correct mistakes, and take responsibility for the WorkWell Application System on Salesforce. You will also ensure that eligible applicants are able to prove their eligibility by providing them with personalized assistance and the capacity to produce correct documentation in a timely manner. You will safeguard the retention of eligible participants by selecting quality applicants, and targeting vulnerable populations that meet the eligibility criteria of Preemptive Love and our donors. Additionally, you will be responsible for effective outreach to new program participants, monitoring, evaluation, accountability, and learning (MEAL), and quality data entry in all areas of the WorkWell system. You will use Salesforce and FormStack to register eligible participants and ensure their data is accurate and entered correctly into the system.
As a member of the WorkWell Program Recruitment, Registration & Outreach Team, you will influence the overall quality and selection of program applicants, and you will be responsible for ensuring that your applicants are eligible for the program fund in line with the requirements of the organization and our donors. This role is a key thought-partner to both WorkWell (Location) Program Manager, and the Training & Coaching Lead, helping to maximize your Tech Hub’s performance to effectively outreach, select and serve vulnerable populations and achieve WorkWell objectives and key results in Iraq.
What’s in it for you: You will work in a fast-paced environment in one of Iraq’s leading Workforce Development Programs. You will be a part of a diverse, multi-cultural team of Job Creation Program Officers and Recruitment & Eligibility Officers. You will have the opportunity to personally recruit and impact hundreds of vulnerable youth in your country, serving as a gateway to their professional development. In this role, you will be a decision-maker of who gets accepted into the WorkWell program, and who is not. You will be leading the organization of camp assessments and registrations to find vulnerable, eligible, and motivated candidates to gain the opportunity to transform their life and build the career of their dreams. You will be using cutting-edge technology to process your applicants and get to liaise with multiple, diverse stakeholders including NGO partners, the private sector, and the public sector. You will participate in a high-performance culture of client-centrism while fostering disciplined execution and a metrics-driven approach to support growth. You will stay at the forefront of the hiring markets in Iraq and increase your employability and career trajectory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Build strong relationships with program applicants and project partners, providing technical assistance, listening, and empathy throughout the implementation.
- Ensure a constant flow of quality, eligible applicants, through the pipeline on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Be responsible for making program applicants eligible for the program by working alongside them, understanding their circumstances and background, and creating or sourcing relevant paperwork to demonstrate eligibility.
- Manage and complete all eligibility paperwork for program applicants and ensure it is housed appropriately on Salesforce.
- Safeguard data quality control for the organization’s online project management database (Salesforce) and systems.
- Develop weekly work plans on recruitment sessions with community members in coordination with relevant stakeholders (IDP Camps, Refugee Camps, High Schools, Underserved job seekers, etc).
- Manage the day-to-day running of all WorkWell recruitment campaigns.
- Source new avenues for attracting new, eligible applicants for the program.
- Frequently recruiting participants from Internally Displaced Person (IDP) camps and Refugee Camps.
- Manage camp recruitment sessions, registration sessions, and outreach events.
- Represent the WorkWell Program to new applicants to attract quality and eligible talent.
- Lead communication and coordination between all Tech Hubs in Iraq for best practices in the recruitment of eligible participants for the program.
- Ensure all program advertisements and are in line with identified needs.
- Ensure that relevant literature is available to support the participant recruitment process.
- Arrange interviews with all applicants, and ensure relevant paperwork is completed for each applicant in line with WorkWell eligibility policies and procedures.
- Undertake all relevant pre-service-delivery checks to determine the eligibility of all applicants.
- Support and encourage effective and positive communication between Tech Hubs.
- Lead and support organization-wide activities, events, and campaigns actively and as needed.
- Create content development for WorkWells website, annual reports, social media, events, email newsletters, and other materials.
- Undertake any other duties, appropriate to the post, which may from time to time be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- University Degree with a focus on Technology or Language.
- Outstanding level of written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
- Experience in recruiting participants from IDP and Refugee Camps in Iraq.
- Excellent literacy and data-entry skills.
- Experience in working on high volume recruitment campaigns.
- Self-Motivated & flexible.
- Good Team Worker.
- Able to work under own initiative and an ability to demonstrate leadership.
- Good communicator.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy with data entry.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.