WorkWell Training & Coaching Lead (Mosul)
Preemptive Love is a global community of peacemakers working to end war and stop the spread of violence. We do this by living and working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, jobs for displaced families, and community building.
About the team
For the tens of thousands victimized by conflict, they don’t need a hand-out, they need a hand-up. We change the way the world engages in polarizing conflict by partnering with conflict affected individuals to become small business owners, employers, and sustainable sources of revenue and hope for their families and the local community. We do this through building relationships and once their businesses have started we follow up with them to make sure things are running smoothly.
Job Title: WorkWell Training & Coaching Lead
Hours: Full-time (From 8:30 AM To 6:00 PM, Sunday to Thursday)
Location: Mosul, Iraq
Reports to: Mosul Program Manager, WorkWell Iraq Country Program Manager
Contract Start/End dates: September 1st, 2021, to December 31st 2021
(With the possibility to start a New contract from January 1st, 2022, to December 31st 2022)
About the Role
The Impact: As the WorkWell Training & Coaching Lead, you will train your team to build the largest, most reliable Tech Workforce in Iraq. As the WorkWell Training & Coaching Lead, you will report dually to the WorkWell Iraq Program Manager and the WorkWell Program Director. As a critical member of WorkWell Leadership, you will drive the Iraq training and coaching strategy for the program and oversee the planning, implementation, fundraising, and impact analysis of the training at WorkWell. You will provide strategic decision support and commercial and business partnership. Additionally, you will be responsible for driving the WorkWell Program in Iraq to financial sustainability through innovation and monetization of training and coaching services. As a member of the WorkWell Leadership team, you will have the opportunity to influence overall impact and training strategy and direction, and you will be responsible for ensuring that your Tech Hub’s operations, training, coaching, and impact are in alignment with the overall strategic roadmap for the WorkWell program. This role is a key thought-partner to both WorkWell Iraq Program Manager and WorkWell Program Director, helping to maximize training performance and the achievement of WorkWell objectives and key results in Iraq.
What’s in it for you: You will be the training leader and strategist for leading a diverse team of Program Officers & Coaches in your Tech Hub in Iraq. You will lead the WorkWell workforce development program in Iraq through training decisions and implementation of its coaching strategy. You will have the opportunity to work with an institutional portfolio of donors and ensure that the training and coaching at your Tech Hub meet international requirements. You will become involved in various integration activities to ensure your Tech Hub remains a transformational impact pillar in Preemptive Love’s Jobs’ programming. You will cultivate a high-performance culture of client-centrism while fostering disciplined execution and a metrics-driven approach to support growth. You will stay at the forefront of the hiring markets in Iraq and increase your employability and career trajectory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversees all WorkWell training programs that include physical sessions, web-based seminars, printed manuals, group sessions, training videos, and more.
- Determines training needs and requirements for the WorkWell program by meeting with managers, talking with employees and program participants, or administering surveys.
- Reviews existing training materials produced by third parties and coaches to determine appropriateness and relevance.
- Modifies or creates course materials and training manuals to meet specific training needs.
- Presents in-person and online training sessions or hires qualified personnel to do so.
- Schedules training sessions, organizes information technology and other equipment, and manages course enrolment.
- Monitors training programs and manuals to ensure that they are effective and up-to-date and makes updates as necessary.
- Works with managers, coaches, and participants to address learning issues, instruction problems, or new educational needs regarding specific employees or departments.
- Manages costs for all programs, productions, and publications in order to report to WorkWell Leadership regarding a return on investment.
- Specializes in a particular industry and keeps current on the activities and needs of that industry by attending regular meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Maintains an understanding of new educational and training techniques and methods.
- Undertakes any other duties, appropriate to the post, which may from time to time be required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University Degree with a focus on Technology or Business Administration.
- Outstanding level of written and oral proficiency in English and Kurdish/ Arabic.
- Previous coaching or training experience.
- Understanding of Technical Vocational Education & Training (TVET)/Education for Employment/ Entrepreneurship education preferred.
- Proven team leadership experience with at least 3 years of experience.
- Proven experience in managing a budget.
- Advanced computer knowledge & knowledge of cutting edge technologies.
- Dependable interpersonal skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Self-discipline and initiative.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- The drive and the ability to work in high-pressure environments.
- Familiarity and broad experience with information technologies.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.