The WPE capacity building officer will be responsible to conduct technical violence training, mentoring, and providing support to improve the availability of quality, comprehensive and harmonized violence services through IRC supported the local partner and WPE staff. He/she will work closely with local partners to support the development and delivery of capacity building activities and training for the community actors, service providers, local government and humanitarian actors on women protection, and violence related issues.
Also, he/she will be providing trainings on male engagement/EMAP and group discussions activities to the community mobilization officers and the community mobilizers of WPE partners in all locations and ensuring data and reporting quality through following up the monthly quantitative and qualitative reports.
Furthermore, he/she will be responsible for setting up the project capacity building plan and implementation with the support of WPE Senior Manager, in addition to delivering the training reports and support in the analysis of WPE program data and ensuring harmonized monitoring and reporting of program activities.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the WPE Coordinator and Senior manager to build the capacity of team members and identify resources and materials to support and empower the staff in relevant technical and management competencies.
- Support the capacity building for the IRC partners in Iraq, including implementation plans, outreach, MEAL, community involvement, and any other needed aspects.
- Support preparation of technical internal and external narrative reports within agreed deadlines using IRC and donor formats, and according to the Narrative Reports Writing SOPs.
- Identify in coordination with WPE Coordinator, WPE senior manager and partners essential tools required be developed, integrated, and streamlined in order to support capacity building objectives established with partners and internally.
- Assist WPE Senior Manager in conducting capacity assessments identifying strengths and gaps related to response and prevention services, to ensure targeted delivery of capacity-building activities, including training, coaching, mentoring as well as the monitoring and documenting of capacity built of IRC staff and partners.
- Adhere to and act by the IRC Global HR Policies and Procedures and communicate through word and example a high standard of compliance with all applicable policies and regulations.
- Prepare purchase requests (PRs), in line with supply chain requirements, budget availability, and program needs- regular checking in with the WPE Senior manager and WPE Senior officer on materials needed for the program.
- Prepare the advance requests, liquidations, and support with WPE staff leave trackers and attendance sheets with HR.
- Support staff recruitment, orientation, and training in conjunction with the Human Resources Department.
- Prepare and submit the weekly movement plans in coordination with the Fleet and HAS team.
- Work closely with IRC departments (supply chain, finance, human resource) for all administrative and operational matters.
- Keep track of the WPE PRs and expenses.
- Participate and provide logistics support for training, conference, and seminars held by IRC, including internal and external events.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: WPE Senior Manager
Position technically supervised by: WPE Senior Manager
Position directly supervises: NA.
Indirect Reporting: Dina Arafeh
Other Internal and/or external contacts: Participate in internal coordination meetings as required and liaise with IRC’s other programs as needed to ensure effective collaboration, program integration, and mainstreaming of violence risk mitigation for the best possible outcome for the client.
Internal: close collaboration with other WPE staff particularly field based WPE Managers and Senior Manager, other IRC Iraq programs (Economic Recovery and Development (ERD), Children and Youth, Protection and Development (CYPD), and Protection/Rule of Law), Grants, Supply Chain, HR and Finance Departments.
External: Represent the IRC at relevant coordination meetings by close collaboration with other humanitarian actors and Protection Working Group, local implementing partners, UN agencies, government, and service providers.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in social work, Women Studies, Public Health, or other appropriate fields; or a BA in a related field with equivalent experience.
- Work Experience: Minimum of 2 years of program management experience in the field of violence response, preferably working with refugees or conflict-affected populations.
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Language Skills: Fluency in spoken/written English and Arabic.
- Strong understanding of case management, psychosocial support, and life skills programming to promote survivor healing and recovery.
- In-depth understanding of the root causes of violence, related international standards, and prevention and response strategies.
- Proven leadership, program management, staff development, planning, analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Competency in writing progress and donor reports and proposals; familiarity with principles and practice of monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email/internet software.
- Salary range: (1,930,043-2,509056) Iraqi Dinars, based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity and budget as well as calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
- 13th month salary per year.
- 21 days of leave and 15 days of paid holidays per year.
- IRC provides health insurance for staff and their dependents.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
- How to apply Please click on the below link: https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/47656?c=rescue