To assist the Communication and advocacy team with various communication work done by Save the Children in Iraq, including internal and external communication, in compliance with Save the Children communication guidelines, as well as contributions to communication material development to promote programs, share information sharing and our brand.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Advocacy and Media Manager
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
Role Dimensions: The role will build and maintain good working relationships with program staff across the office.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Assist the Communications and Advocacy Team to:
● Update Save the Children information on relevant websites and social media channels (Facebook, Instagram etc.) with guidance from Communications team members.
● Provide translation support for Communications team members in Country Office’s communications products (social media content, Press Release, Presentation, etc.)
● Review internal documents such as case studies, success stories and reports.
● Compile, draft and submit the monthly Situation Reports with the support of the operations teams.
● Support on designing and contributing ideas for communications materials (including program brochures, infographics, videos and other promotional products) with content from program teams.
● Provide support for Communications team in event preparation and taking good photos/short videos of Save the Children’s activities (both internal and external)
● Support Communications team in implementation of Generation Hope campaign and other program campaigns.
● Maintain and update the filing of documentation, photographic materials, and video library for Communications team in the Content Hub.
The job duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience, including adjustment on job description.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving results together with children and role modelling SCI values.
• Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• Creates a managerial environment in-country to lead, enable and maintain our culture of child safeguarding.
• Sets ambitious and challenging goals for self and team, takes responsibility for own personal development and encourages team to do the same.
• Widely shares personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others.
• Future oriented, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• Builds and maintains effective relationships, with own team, colleagues, members, donors and partners.
• Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength.
• Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions.
• Willing to take disciplined risks.
• Honest, encourages openness and transparency.
• Always acts in the best interests of children.
• Recent graduate of Master’s/ early career in communication, journalism or Media
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
● Some knowledge of publications preparation and desktop publishing.
● Some experience in social marketing and/or public education.
● Ability to manage/maintain information systems, databases, websites.
● Familiar with publicity, promotions, public relations, advertising.
● Excellent spoken and written English & Arabic and Kurdish.
● Some experience of working with the media and networking skills preferred.
● Teamwork and coordination skills.
● Presentation skills.
● Ability and willingness to travel.
- How to apply https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/evergreen-assets/safelinks/1/atp-safelinks.html