GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Kirkuk, under direct supervision of the Logistics officer, performing the tasks of transporting authorized goods and passengers in an HI’s vehicle, ensuring its technical and safety conditions and respecting the country’s traffic rules and HI security rules, in order to provide a safe, smooth and efficient service
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DECRIPTION:
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the HI Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions. Carrying out a hand over if another uses the vehicle
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as HI security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle.
- Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods.
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to HI communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules.
Security follow up & information sharing.
- Report any incident inside or outside the base and working area to Line Manager and or
Liaison & Security Officer
- Primary school.
- Valid driving license (General).
- First Aid trained.
- Local language is a must
- Spoken English is needed.
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Previous experience with international or local NGO is desirable.
- Experience of driving off road and under challenging conditions
- Sound knowledge of vehicle mechanics and maintenance.
- Close familiarity with the local terrain and environment.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to operate different means of communication (radio, satphone, etc).
- Be able to work in a safe manner and as per SOPs.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values.
- Clean Driving Licence is mandatory (Handicap International will require those undertaking driving responsibilities to undertake an internal practical test).
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following:
5 Days per week, 8 hours per day
The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
Its night duty position and can be requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Line Manager: Logistic officer
Head of Department: Logistics Manager
Operational link : No
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
· Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
· Internal regulation (IR)
· Child protection policy (CPP)
· Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation, abuse and harassement (PSEAH)
· Antifraud and bribery
· Code of Conduct (CoC)
- How to apply Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before 3rd Mar 2021 Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically. Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference: Ref: HI-IRQ-KRK-DRIV-553 Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the Subject line of your e-mail Please address all applications to: [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Minimum Three References to be provided with CVs, CVs without references will not be considered
- Job Reference Ref: HI-IRQ-KRK-DRIV-553