The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. DCEO aims to support vulnerable communities to build community resilience against destabilizing factors by increasing their adaptive capacity and economic well-being. The project consists of two objectives. Objective 1, Adaptative capacity of vulnerable communities increased is achieved through two components. Component 1.1 seeks to mitigate drivers of conflict in targeted communities and Component 1.2 seeks to enhance community leadership of inclusive local development. Objective 2, Economic well-being of communities advanced, will rest on the assessments, analysis, foundations, and groundwork of Objective 1.
Reports to: HR & Staff Care Manager
Staff reporting to this post: None
- Exhibit a thorough understanding and implementation of Chemonics’ HR policies and procedures specific to Iraq.
- Ensures strict compliance with the Field Office Federal Iraq Policy Manual.
- Ensure the application of Chemonics HR policies and procedures in Iraq in a manner that safeguards the rights of both employees and the company, while adhering to Iraqi Labor Law and related regulations.
- Play an active role in recruitment processes, including drafting and posting vacancy announcements, screening applications, conducting interviews, and verifying references.
- Ensure transparency, fairness, and merit-based recruitment practices consistent with Chemonics’ policies for Iraq.
- Responsible and plays a vital role in verifying contracts and biodata during recruitment processes.
- Support the HR & Staff Care Manager in conducting annual employee performance reviews and offer guidance to staff/line managers on the review process.
- Lead the development and execution of initiatives aimed at enhancing staff care and engagement in Federal Iraq. This includes organizing activities, promoting employee well-being and morale. Collaborate closely with the HR & Staff Care Manager to ensure alignment with DCEO goals and strategies.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and confidentiality of personnel and recruitment files, while also ensuring compliance with data protection regulations.
- Manage the preparation and administration of staff contracts and other relevant documents.
- Facilitate comprehensive onboarding and periodic re-orientation sessions for new hires to ensure alignment with Chemonics’ culture and project objectives.
- Responsible for managing the Chemonics Iraq Database, ensuring accuracy, integrity, and security.
- Coordinates with the HR Team to manage short-term payments, ensuring alignment with Chemonics Iraq’s practices and implementation.
- Manage timesheet records and ensure timely submission with proper approval.
- Assist in disciplinary processes, ensuring alignment with local labor laws and Chemonics policies.
- Uphold confidentiality in all HR matters and decisions.
- Represent HR in aspects as required especially during the absence of the HR & Staff Care Manager.
- Manage official letter documentation and archiving in compliance with Iraqi law.
- Undertake additional duties as assigned by the HR & Staff Care Manager.
Working Hours:8 hours per day
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent years of experience working in HR.
- Contextual understanding of Baghdad and other provinces in Federal Iraq.
- At least 3 years of experience in HR with prior experience working for international organizations and in similar positions on USAID project is preferred.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple tasks, willingness and ability to work efficiently with a wide diverse group of people.
- Ability to cope with large workloads, with tight deadlines, under pressure.
- Excellent sense of judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Fluent spoken and written in Arabic, and very good spoked and written in English.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills
- Good knowledge about the valid Iraqi labor law, income tax law and social security law.
- Excellent working knowledge of threat assessment, risk mitigation and ability to work on acceptance strategy at all levels.
Place of Performance: Baghdad
- How to apply To apply for this job, please fill out this form: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/19d900c107bc40fb87dd7b607f7215cb Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.