Oxfam is a global movement of people who won’t live with the injustice of poverty. Together we save and rebuild lives in disasters. We help people build better lives for themselves. We speak out on the big issues that keep people poor, like inequality, discrimination against women and climate change. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can live without poverty.
To support conflicted-affected populations access appropriate and equitable assistance that meets humanitarian needs and reduces underlying drivers of conflict at all levels.
To Provide support to Anbar program in day to day HR related matters and ensure the Programme has adequate HR support needed to deliver a quality Programme and to provide staff with required support and motivation.
|Location:||Ramadi (Anbar), with travel to Baghdad depending on the need|
|As Oxfam Salary Scale
|Division||National||Job Family:||Human Resources|
|Contract type:||Fixed Term.|
Hours of work:
|40 hours per week. This is a full-time role; however, Oxfam offers various flexible arrangements which candidates can discuss with the Recruiting Manager at interview stage|
|This role reports to:||Program Manager – Matrix manager is Country HR Manager|
|Staff reporting to this post:||N/A|
|Annual budget for the post:||N/A|
|Screening checks:||All successful candidates will be screened through Refinitiv World-Check One to comply with counter terrorism and financial sanctions regulations.
|References:||Should you be successful and not already employed by Oxfam GB, we will require minimum of two references covering five years of employment history.|
|DBS checks (for roles based in the UK):
It is a requirement in the UK for a new DBS check at enhanced level for every new member of staff who works directly with, or has regular contact with, children or vulnerable adults in the UK (consistent with DBS guidance and relevant law).
HR Policy and employment law:
- Provide advice, guidance & direction to managers and teams on HR policies & practices ensuring adherence and compliance with employment law.
- Monitor and advise program manager on any changes to HR policy and practice in terms of Oxfam internal policies and local employment law
Recruitment & Induction
- Work closely with Line Managers to provide leadership and required support on recruitment and induction processes.
- Ensure new starters get the right induction and the required support throughout their probation period.
- Monitor and manage staff contracts and key HR documents in close liaison with the Erbil HR Coordination team (matrix Support from Senior HR Manager).
- Ensures payroll is provided in time and that all staff on the payroll have up-to-date documents and organised payroll file.
- Manage and track staff absence, R&R and attendance schedules and produce periodic reports to the programme manager for absence management monitoring.
- Ensure office facilities (desk, chair, stationary) are provided for newcomers before their starting date with OXFAM.
- Coordinate with IT Officer regarding the computer, and Oxfam email account for newcomers/starters.
- Manages relations with medical service providers, monitors medical expenses and ensures medical staff records are handled and kept in a confidential manner
- Salary Offer As Per Oxfam Salary Scale
- How to apply As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile. For more details about this job, please visit the job advert using below link:
- Job Reference INT6882 - Human Resources Officer