Better World Organization for Community Development is a humanitarian and non-governmental organization established on 24th May 2017 in Kurdistan/Iraq. Independent and non-profit that works to advocate for peace and coexistence in the community and improve social, psychosocial and economic situation of people. The organization is focusing on women through projects that ensure protection and empowerment for them.
Under the direct supervision of (Project Manager) the (Livelihood Officer ) will perform the following duites and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the livelihood Activity in Ninawa while ensuring adherence to Better World policies, tools, manuals, and guidelines including compliance.
- Develop smart plans to enhance vocational training, business development skills, employment skills training, and workshops for target communities.
- Conduct assessments and market analysis to identify livelihood opportunities and trends.
- Facilitate community consultations and stakeholder engagement to identify livelihood priorities and develop sustainable solutions.
- Establish strong working relationships with target communities, including local leaders, identify local focal points, and collaborate with local partners, NGOs, government agencies, and other stakeholders to support livelihood initiatives.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and share different ways to help
- Promote and exchange ideas for technical improvement in the design, delivery, or monitoring of activities and develop vulnerability criteria to support the selection process of women in the business support program.
- Manage and supervise vocational training for women and girls, ensuring that the selection of training types is contextually relevant but also creative and opens up new spaces for women and girls.
- Responsible for skills development activities (vocational skills, vocational training, employment) through – organizing and conducting workshops on employment skills for young women with a focus on CV writing and interviewing skills.
- Managing and supervising training courses in economic development (Start and Improve Your Business/SIYB) for women.
- Support the organization in the process of recruiting SYIB trainers. Conduct careful monitoring of the trainer’s performance and ensure that training exercises adhere to quality standards.
- With support from trainers, develop baseline and final evaluation tools to measure the impact of the program on the income of women participating in the program.
- Manage and implement the post-SYIB business support program for trained women.
- Manage resources, budgets, and procurement related to livelihood activities by organizational policies and donor requirements.
- Develop training tools and plans to ensure that women receive regular business support and are provided with the necessary consultation and support.
- Providing regular reports on the status of women’s businesses and supporting women in developing business improvement plans.
- Preparing weekly work plans and assigning tasks to all activities
- Prepare regular reports, case studies, and success stories that highlight results and lessons learned from livelihood interventions.
- Arranging and conducting networking sessions for women’s companies every quarter.
- Support training and give guidance to enumerators and field assistants including volunteers
- Responsible for compiling project documents – collection, verification, and filing for technical livelihood activities and ensuring that documents are properly filed
- Any other Task required by the project manager
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- 2-3 years of project management experience, preferably in livelihood development.
- Experience in humanitarian or development projects, especially in conflict or post-conflict regions.
- Proficiency in English is often required. Knowledge of local languages relevant to the project area is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in market assessments and identifying sustainable livelihood opportunities.
- Proven ability to plan, implement, and monitor livelihood projects.
- Strong community engagement and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with local leaders, NGOs, government agencies, and other stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and delivering vocational training programs and workshops.
- positive team environment and adhering to organizational policies and guidelines.
- Address Iraq, Nainawa, Mosul
- How to apply Interested candidates are required to send their CV to [email protected] - Deadline date for the application is Tuesday 6/Feb/2024 4:00 PM. - Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. - Mention the title of the vacancy: (Livilihood Officer - Mosul) in the subject box of your email. - Email that does not contain the vacancy title will not be considered. - Emails after the closing date will not be considered.
- Job Reference BWO-LO02