Kurdistan Save the Children is a non-profit, non-political, and non-sectarian organization that
provides assistance regardless of race, gender, traditions, political or religious affiliation.
We work with children in various fields of child protection, sponsorship, health and education. Our
main aim is to work directly or indirectly, to ensure a better future for children, through improving
and providing their various medical, social, economical, and educational needs.
KSC has been established in 1991. our main office is located in Sulaymaniyah.
Child Protection Services and Assistance for refugees and Asylum Seekers in Erbil and Sulaymaniyah.
This project seeks to provide protection services to refugees/asylum seekers, IDPS and host community children with the main focus on refugees/asylum seekers residing in the urban and camp areas of Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorates through: Providing specialized child protection services and support through case management for refugees, Conducting BIA and participating in the BID Panel under the overall framework of UNHCR’s Best Interest Procedures (BIP), Establishing or strengthening the capacity of community-based child protection structures, Community outreach/mobilization such as conducting awareness raising sessions for children and their parents/caregivers, Providing recreational, structured and non-structured PSS activities, as well as physiotherapy for children with disabilities, providing capacity building to government counterparts responsible for child protection.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a detail-oriented and motivated Finance Assistant to join our team. The Finance Assistant will play a key role in supporting the finance department’s daily operations, ensuring accurate financial record-keeping, and facilitating smooth financial transactions in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of financial documents, including invoices, vouchers, and expense reports.
- Maintain accurate financial records and databases, ensuring all transactions are properly documented and filed.
- Process payments to vendors, suppliers, and partners in a timely manner, following established procedures and obtaining necessary approvals.
- Assist in monitoring budgets and financial performance against established targets, providing regular updates and reports to the finance manager.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies and resolve any issues with vendors, staff, or partners as they arise.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports, statements, and forecasts for internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure proper financial management and adherence to financial policies and procedures.
- Stay updated on relevant financial regulations, guidelines, and best practices, and ensure compliance with organizational requirements.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the Area Coordinator.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- Previous experience working in finance or accounting, preferably in a nonprofit or humanitarian organization.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and accounting software.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in financial record-keeping and data entry.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve financial discrepancies
- Address Erbil Behind Chwarchra hotel
- How to apply please fill in the google form as requested.