Objectives of the position:
HR & Admin Officer’s responsibilities include processing personnel records, assisting in the hiring process, managing HR documents (e.g. employment records and onboarding guides), updating internal databases, and assisting with any administrative tasks as and when they arise.
The duties assigned to the employee are as indicated in the following Job Description. However, they can be amended at the discretion of management and by agreement of the employee. The employee may also be required to perform other functions, which are within his/her capacity, skills, aptitude, and knowledge without additional remuneration.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Administration & Personnel Management:
- Develops, updates, implements, and communicates personnel policies and procedures in compliance with standard HR practices, laws, and regulations.
- Lead the process of visa and residency applications and renewals for international staff.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of AN policies and assist in ensuring employee understanding, implementation, and adherence.
- Ensure that staff lists are up to date, and personnel files are complete, and assure adherence to confidentiality. Up-to-date files are to be maintained in both hard and soft copies.
- Conducts exit interviews, identifying trends and recommending actions to address concerns.
- Monitor the expiry of staff contracts and advise the Line Manager and Head of Mission promptly.
- Maintain an updated job description database, as well as templates of contracts and agreements, in all the appropriate applicable languages.
- Ensure timely collection of monthly timesheets as well as the timely preparation and submission of monthly payroll and payslips.
- Maintain a master leave database, tracking all leave taken and ensuring the timely submission and approval of leave forms.
- Contribute towards compliance with all in-country legal, contractual, and statutory requirements.
- Listen to team members and support relationship development to ensure a strong, positive working environment.
- Provide support and drive the employee performance evaluation process, ensuring that the process is used and applied in line with arche noVa standards.
- Lead the recruitment processes ensuring compliance to hiring policies and procedures, and that best practices are followed and documented.
- Liaise with Line Managers in the development of long- and short-listing criteria, interview evaluation questionnaires as well and the interview selection committee.
- Liaise with potential candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Prepare offer letters, employment contracts, CfW agreements as well as all the necessary supporting documentation.
- Conduct and facilitate the induction and onboarding of new staff, ensuring their familiarity with AN’s values, quality standards, policies, and programme objectives and their individual as well as all other respective team members and their responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
- Oversee the resignation and exit process of any staff leaving AN.
- Raises HR-related issues with senior management proactively and diplomatically, identifying practical solutions and appropriate action plans.
- Oversee the work of the cleaners, helping to prioritize duties and ensure that high standards of cleanliness are met and maintained in the AN facilities such as the office.
- Manage any specific projects as per the AN HR requirements and plans, as well as participate in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
- Establish good working relationships with Human Resources and Administration Offices of other agencies, and with clerical staff of governmental offices to facilitate administrative procedures.
- Highlight any initiated innovation to improve HR processes and policies.
- Continually aim to enhance a winning culture in the office.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills:
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in HR, Admin, or any other related field.
- Experience in international NGOs is preferred.
- Experience in Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related fields.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel).
- Ability to work efficiently, under pressure and adapt to difficult conditions.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian principles and the humanitarian sector in Iraq.
- Planning and organizational skills;
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills;
- Interpersonal and cross-cultural sensitivity and experience;
- Must have strong quantitative and analytical skills, verbal skills, and ability to communicate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non‐technical colleagues;
- Ability to treat individuals with fairness and respect, demonstrating sensitivity for ethnic, cultural, and gender differences.
- Fluency in English, Kurdish, and Arabic is required.
- Address Erbil
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications and a cover letter to: [email protected]. • CVs without the subject line "Sr. HR & Admin Officer" will not be considered. • CV and Cover letter with links or images/jpg will be disregarded. PDF and Word files will be accepted. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. arche noVa (AN) reserves the right to recruit before the deadline which means interviews will be on a rolling basis. At the same time, AN reserves the right to not fill the position or cancel the position,as per the donor agreement . Further information: www.arche-nova.org